If you’ve been following our pumpkin series, then you probably have some leftover pumpkin from our Pumpkin N’ Nut Cookies and Pumpkin and Yoghurt frozen treat recipes. So let’s use it up by making these healthy and delicious gummy treats for your dog.
Gelatin is incredibly healthy for your dog. It contains amino acids that are beneficial for skin, hair, and joint health. It’s a great supplement for dogs from puppy all the way into their senior years.
It also provides a great texture for a treat. You can add a Gummy to their dinner or just pull one out of the fridge as a special treat. Your dog will love these! I let mine lick the bowl after I was done pouring them into the mould and I have never seen a cleaner bowl.
– 1/4 cup of homemade pumpkin puree (or canned puree – available at BauHound Haus)
– 1/4 cup of homemade apple sauce (or store bought as long as there are no additives)
– 1/2 cup of water (or bone broth if you want to be fancy)
– 3 tbsp of Gelatin (use grass-fed gelatin for the most health benefits. Avoid additives. We use Great Lakes Gelatin.
– 1/4 tsp of kin+kind Hip & Joint (Golden Paste)
– 1/4 tsp of cinnamon
– Add the water to a sauce pan without heat and sprinkle the gelatin over the top of the water.
– Allow the gelatin to bloom for 5 minutes
– Turn on the heat on low and allow mixture to dissolve
– Remove from heat
– Add the pumpkin puree, apple sauce, kin+kind Hip & Joint and Cinnamon to a bowl and mix together.
– Add the gelatin and stir together.
– Spoon into silicon moulds*, work quickly as this mixture starts to harden quickly.
– Refrigerate to set.
*If you don’t have moulds, you can pour the mixture onto a glass pan, refrigerate then cut into small treat size pieces.
Store in a airtight container in the fridge for up to 7 days.